• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Eurovision

SwishUK

So The Netherlands won last night etc. We came last because we always suck. But the biggest controversy was when Madonna sung on stage and two of her back up dancers wore both Israels flag and Palastines flag on their backs.

Also Iceland’s act showed flags for Palestine during the points giving at the end of the show.

Whlist Primal Screams lead singer had this to say following Madonna’s performance.

SwishUK

Yep. For quite a few years now Eastern European countries vote for each other so the Western Europe is following suit. But no one apart from Ireland vote for us haha.

Kaunisto

The 4 other Nordic countries are in top 12; Finland is last of round in qualifying.
We tend to moan our lack of success every year, but...

SwishUK

Least you’re not as bad as the UK. They just need someone decent to go on there. Problem is if they put a decent singer on there it could “ruin” their career. But I think if they say got Ed Sheeran on there, and he lost he wouldn’t care. He’s too big to care. He would even write a song for it and probably win! Haha. Tbh I did like Sweden’s song.

Kaunisto

If it wasn't for the kind 12 points from Estonian voters, you could say we did about as bad.

Have to say Netherlands is far from worst winner (especially after last year...)

I was surprised Czech got hardly any voting points in final, I was expecting them to do well.

Kaunisto

Turns out there actually was an error in the system.

Belarus had after semifinal made public their points, a violation of rules which resulted on them losing right to (jury) vote in final. But because of the points system, their points had to be given somehow and this was done by calculating (god knows how) them based on countries that vote similarly to Belarus.

Apparently someone had read the resulting list backwards, awarding Belarus jury points to 10 worst acts.

While top 4 remains same, about dozen countries have their final place changed as the scores are corrected. Much to my annoyance, Sweden just barely beats Norway after this correction, the two switching 5. and 6. places.
Meanwhile San Marino improves by one their best result ever, being 19. instead of 20.

Top Bottom