• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Suggestion - Resolved Editing Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
I noticed that you can edit it IMMEDIATELY after posting, but that option disappears in short order.

D

DaveM

Over the years of running forums I have found if a post is edited after a long period of time it can cause all sorts of issues all round, where the original content of a post has now changed and it brings into question what was actually posted. Most forum owners only allow the 10 minutes editing time so we now pushing well past that at 30 minutes.

If members feel they really need to it something after that period they will need to contact a member of staff to do said edit.

Ghost

Shadows of Crow
Over the years of running forums I have found if a post is edited after a long period of time it can cause all sorts of issues all round, where the original content of a post has now changed and it brings into question what was actually posted. Most forum owners only allow the 10 minutes editing time so we now pushing well past that at 30 minutes.

If members feel they really need to it something after that period they will need to contact a member of staff to do said edit.
This brings into question then how much control will someone have over a big thread, so for example I wanna put a thread about my travels throughout somewhere and I would obviously be editing one post with updates instead of posting a post everytime I update it wouldn't be compiled together anymore.

Or any topics that involve the need to be edited in general, update of information, and etc. And in my opinion it'd be troublesome that I would have to contact a staff member who isn't always there in order to edit my own topic or post.

Just my two cents.

D

DaveM

This brings into question then how much control will someone have over a big thread, so for example I wanna put a thread about my travels throughout somewhere and I would obviously be editing one post with updates instead of posting a post everytime I update it wouldn't be compiled together anymore.

Or any topics that involve the need to be edited in general, update of information, and etc. And in my opinion it'd be troublesome that I would have to contact a staff member who isn't always there in order to edit my own topic or post.

Just my two cents.
This is something I will need to think about a bit more then

Ghost

Shadows of Crow
@DaveM I just realized I cannot edit the topic title of my own topic.

Was editing to test the capitalization in titles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom