• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Dredd (2012)

Howard

4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Dredd

Tagline: Judgement is coming

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Pete Travis

Cast: Karl Urban, Olivia Thirlby, Lena Headey, Wood Harris, Jason Cope, Domhnall Gleeson, Rakie Ayola, Deobia Oparei, Langley Kirkwood, Warrick Grier, Scott Sparrow, Porteus Xandau, Joe Vaz, Nicole Bailey, Karl Thaning

Release: 2012-09-07

Runtime: 95

Plot: In the future, America is a dystopian wasteland. The latest scourge is Ma-Ma, a prostitute-turned-drug pusher with a dangerous new drug and aims to take over the city. The only possibility of stopping her is an elite group of urban police called Judges, who combine the duties of judge, jury and executioner to deliver a brutal brand of swift justice. But even the top-ranking Judge, Dredd, discovers that taking down Ma-Ma isn’t as easy as it seems in this explosive adaptation of the hugely popular comic series.

Kaunisto

I have read a lot 2000AD/Judge Dredd, so my perspective might be little different than most people's.
I agree with the general opinion that this is better than Stallone's Judge Dredd, but for me the difference isn't that big. Both have things they got right and things they got wrong. I think I'd prefer a film somewhere between these two versions.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database
Top Bottom