• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Do You Like Thunderstorms?

APS

Unarmed
I don't mind a good thunder storm so long as I'm not out getting soaked :)

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
"Like them"?

For what?

Entertainment?

Around here, about one out of three comes with a Tornado Watch.

Life is plenty interesting without that added attraction.

--

April

Resident Readaholic
Around here, about one out of three comes with a Tornado Watch.
This is the exact reason why I hate them. I grew up in Oklahoma, and I was always scared when a thunderstorm came around and I could never sleep because I'd be afraid that I'd be sleeping and a tornado would develop without me knowing. I still can't sleep during them, even though we rarely get them out here.

I remember one time when I was riding with my dad and brother, coming back from a road trip to visit family in Arkansas; we got home late that night, and apparently it'd been storming bad while we were gone and we drove by a house in his neighborhood that had been struck by lightning and caught fire. So that inspired yet another fear of sleeping for me. :unsure:

So yeah, I hate them. :p

S

Shortie861

I don't mind them as long as the lightning and such is at a distance, it's when the lightning and the rumbles are over head I get quite weary and tend to stay out of the way.

Worldwide

Whenever we have a lightening and thunder storm I turn out the lights, pour a drink and sit back and watch the show.

K

Kid B

The rain floods gutters
And makes a great sound on concrete
On a flat roof, there's a boy
Leaning against a wall of rain
Aerial held high
Calling "Come on thunder,
Come on thunder!"

Top Bottom