Diners encouraged to take ‘doggy bags’ home to cut food waste

Jazzy

Forum Admin
"Italy has passed some exciting new laws that aim to tackle food waste and support the needy at the same time.

The bill passed by 181 out of 184 senators will bring a raft of changes including things like encouraging families to bring home ‘doggy bags’ from restaurants.

It was brought about to cut down on the staggering five million tonnes of food wasted in the country every year.

The aim is to drop that total by one million with food waste costing the economy and households a staggering £10 billion a year."

Full article

Do you ever take ‘doggy bags’ home?

D

DaveM

No I never do only when I had dogs then I would add it to their food as a treat.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
I have done it. It depends, however, if I really liked the food and how much is actually left.

D

DaveM

The one time a group of us went to a pizza place and ordered what we wanted but never noticed they were having a two for one promotion. We ended up with a stack of pizza we just could not even start. We had them put it into boxes and on leaving the restaurant we found a group of homeless people and gave it all to them. They sure were happy with us and it also made us feel great to know it had not been wasted.

APS

Unarmed
The one time a group of us went to a pizza place and ordered what we wanted but never noticed they were having a two for one promotion. We ended up with a stack of pizza we just could not even start. We had them put it into boxes and on leaving the restaurant we found a group of homeless people and gave it all to them. They sure were happy with us and it also made us feel great to know it had not been wasted.
Wouldn't have been wasted.Pizza place would reheat and sell it again :D

D

DaveM

No here as it was already on our table so we had that option to take it

Jazzy

Forum Admin
How awesome you did that!

Aura

Done and do that many times if there is enough leftovers.

Top Bottom