• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Did I Do The Right Thing?

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Yesterday, I had a general contractor come over to finalize the contract to build another deck for me. I noticed an odor on his breath and he was slurring his words. I told him to wait outside while I went to get my checkbook and pen. What I really did was call the police and told them the situation and I felt he shouldn't be driving. The police, thankfully, showed up and gave him a breathalyzer test and he failed. Needless to say, the police took him into custody. Later a tow truck showed up to tow his truck off my property.

Do you think I did the right thing?

APS

Unarmed
In a word YES
He could have left your property and killed someone as he drove along.

D

Daniel

I think that was for sure the best thing you could have done not only for your safety or the safety of other people but even for himself. Perhaps he'll reconsider next time he does something like that :/

D

DaveM

I must agree it was the right move as who knows what might have happened if he was driving around in that condition.

Dee

Despite not wanting to make trouble for this guy or get on his bad side, if you had suspicions, the worst that could happen is they find out something is wrong and do something about it. If not, he would be on his merry way. Either way, the police found something wrong and did something about it.

Bluezone777

If he didn't want to make trouble for himself then he would go to work sober. You aren't to blame for the trouble he is in as it's all on him for choosing to get drunk. For all you know, this might be the wake up call he needs to finally admit he has a problem and needs help. You could have very well set into motion the series of events that leads to him beating his addiction as opposed to being the person whose choice to do nothing lead to him getting into a serious accident that seriously injures or kills himself along with the other people that are on the road. That's not something I would want on my conscious if I were you.

Howard

You did the right thing. No one should be drinking and driving or working while intoxicated. He could have hurt or worse....killed an innocent.

Top Bottom