• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Death Penality

Jazzy

Forum Admin
electric-chair-and-noose.jpg
Proponents of the death penalty say it is an important tool for preserving law and order, deters crime, and costs less than life imprisonment. They argue that retribution or "an eye for an eye" honors the victim, helps console grieving families, and ensures that the perpetrators of heinous crimes never have an opportunity to cause future tragedy.

Opponents of capital punishment say it has no deterrent effect on crime, wrongly gives governments the power to take human life, and perpetuates social injustices by disproportionately targeting people of color (racist) and people who cannot afford good attorneys (classist). They say lifetime jail sentences are a more severe and less expensive punishment than death.

Debate Question: Should the Death Penalty Be Allowed?

J

Justbec

I am pro Death penalty. You make the conscious choice to take a life then you should forfeit yours. I am tired of paying for murders to spend the rest of their life in prison getting 3 meals a day and TV.

APS

Unarmed
I always have and always will be against the death penalty.
We did away with it in the UK years ago.
I have a saying which I always believe if you put someone to death
"Mistakes cannot be rectified"

Worldwide

I am for it, we put dogs down for doing less than what some people do.
To many sick feckers out there that end up getting media attention and publicity for their crimes when they should just be put down and forgotten about.

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
I just find it odd that those against capital punishment after conviction of certain heinous crimes and a reasonable round of appeal to confirm guilt, are often the same people who actively support abortion which kills an innocent person.

Howard

I am pro Death penalty. You make the conscious choice to take a life then you should forfeit yours. I am tired of paying for murders to spend the rest of their life in prison getting 3 meals a day and TV.
I agree.

I wish pedophiles aka chomos would get the death penalty someday via firing squad.

Last edited:

APS

Unarmed
I just find it odd that those against capital punishment after conviction of certain heinous crimes and a reasonable round of appeal to confirm guilt,
Like the bloke who was on death row for 20+ years and then found to be innocent.
All justice systems make mistakes but if you've put them to death how do you rectify it.

Top Bottom