• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Custom built pc's

D

Daniel

Have you ever custom built a PC or wanted to? To be clear when I say "Custom Built" I am saying that you went online to NewEgg, Amazon or wherever and bought the individual parts, had them delivered and put everything together yourself.

It isn't for everyone but it can save you a ton of money :p

Ghost

Shadows of Crow
Mine is custom built, I'm actually about to upgrade my whole PC soon. I built my current rig when I was back in college and poor... needs an overhaul.

D

DaveM

I am just busy tweaking my new custom build now and it takes forever to get everything back the way you had it before :rolleyes:

The problem is when you do this you tend to spend more money on a PC, even getting all my parts at cost price it hit over $2000 US :eek:

D

Daniel

All mine have been custom built,never bought off the peg so to speak.
I think the only PC that I've bought that I didn't build (with the exception of my MacBook Pro) was an HP Laptop that my folks bought for me when I went to college.

Mine is custom built, I'm actually about to upgrade my whole PC soon. I built my current rig when I was back in college and poor... needs an overhaul.
I know how that goes haha :p

I am just busy tweaking my new custom build now and it takes forever to get everything back the way you had it before :rolleyes:

The problem is when you do this you tend to spend more money on a PC, even getting all my parts at cost price it hit over $2000 US :eek:
Holy smokes man 2k? ._. must be one heck of a rig.

Ghoul

My first PC in 2005 was one that was built by my dad then my second was one from Overclockers UK which is technically custom built. But I've been 100% ever since 2011.

D

DaveM

I think the only PC that I've bought that I didn't build (with the exception of my MacBook Pro) was an HP Laptop that my folks bought for me when I went to college.

I know how that goes haha :p

Holy smokes man 2k? ._. must be one heck of a rig.
Well I hope so but as I am still setting it up I have not had a chance to fully explore it all, I have not even fired up a game yet :cry:

D

Daniel

Well I hope so but as I am still setting it up I have not had a chance to fully explore it all, I have not even fired up a game yet :cry:
That's the worst :( just to have $2,000 worth of computer parts basically sitting there unused for any length of time :(

Top Bottom