• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Currently Reading

J

Justbec

I just finished 'The Kings Sword' which was really good.

A disillusioned soldier. A spoiled, untried prince. A coup that threatens the country they love.

When retired soldier Kemen finds the young prince Hakan fleeing an attempted assassination, he reluctantly takes the role of mentor and guardian. Keeping the prince alive is challenging enough. Making him a man is harder.

As usurper Vidar tightens his grip on power, Kemen wrestles with questions of duty and honor. What if the prince isn’t the best ruler after all?

Invasion looms, and Kemen’s decisions will shape the fate of a nation. What will he sacrifice for friendship and honor?

Amazon.com: The King's Sword (Erdemen Honor Book 1) eBook: C. J. Brightley: Kindle Store

Next up on my Kindle Fire is 'Outlander'.

Mandy

Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1)
by Gena Showalter. I am mostly done it, have 40 or so pages left.

M

Maroon

"My First Golden Bible"

"Lunar Silver Star Story volume 1" by Kei Stigma and Akari Funato

Vengeance

Creatively influx.
I just finished 'The Kings Sword' which was really good.

A disillusioned soldier. A spoiled, untried prince. A coup that threatens the country they love.

When retired soldier Kemen finds the young prince Hakan fleeing an attempted assassination, he reluctantly takes the role of mentor and guardian. Keeping the prince alive is challenging enough. Making him a man is harder.

As usurper Vidar tightens his grip on power, Kemen wrestles with questions of duty and honor. What if the prince isn’t the best ruler after all?

Invasion looms, and Kemen’s decisions will shape the fate of a nation. What will he sacrifice for friendship and honor?

Amazon.com: The King's Sword (Erdemen Honor Book 1) eBook: C. J. Brightley: Kindle Store

Next up on my Kindle Fire is 'Outlander'.
This sounds like a novel I need to check into purchasing.

I'm currently reading A Dance with Dragons by George R. R. Martin.

J

Justbec

It was very good and very well written. I got it for free on my Kindle Fire from Bookbub.com. There are two more in the series I need to get.

April

Resident Readaholic
Breaking the Rock by Jolene Babyak

"At 15, Jolene Babyak (Eyewitness on Alcatraz) was living on Alcatraz with her warden father when four prisoners famously attempted escape in 1962, digging through walls and disappearing forever on a homemade raft all except Allen West, who was caught, and to whom Babyak attributes the initial plan. In Breaking the Rock: The Great Escape from Alcatraz, Babyak recounts factors that made the attempt possible including crumbling facilities (due in part to salt-water toilets, whose leaking pipes eroded the concrete walls), new four-man dining tables (providing the escapees with privacy), a closed-down armed-guard tower and endless, painstaking planning by the prisoners. Numerous interviews with inmates and guards who knew the escapees, extensive investigation and Babyak's personal interest in and access to the events distinguish this account. Ninety-six b&w photos." --Editorial Review from Publishers Weekly on Amazon

This is such an interesting book to read. I actually picked it up the last time I went to Alcatraz, back in April of this year with my mom (who'd never been before). The author was there in the bookstore/souvenir shop, signing copies of this, so I have a signed one by her :) I was interested in it mainly because she'd actually grown up on Alcatraz back then and I find the experiences of the children on Alcatraz to be fascinating.

Aura

Ocean Soul
Still trundling through Beranrd Cornwalls saxon series
Plane Spotting guide
Norfolk RAF bases during WWII

April

Resident Readaholic
I'm currently in the midst of Claus: Legend of the Fat Man by Tony Bertauski.

It's the first in a sci-fi trilogy that is a twist on the classic tale of Santa Claus. (if you couldn't already tell :p) The next books in the series focus on Jack Frost and a snowman called Flury.

Top Bottom