Computer mice preference

DaMan

Tech Head
Do you prefer a specific type of mouse? At work I have been enjoying this Vertical mouse by Evoluent, it keeps my hand from being in a bunch of pain.

Snog

I've always preferred trackballs. I never have to pick it up for any reason and I can control the cursor with just my thumb.

Kaunisto

Not sure of preference, all I've use are old and cheap...
It took me quite long to get used to optical mouse and there are some old games where I rather use a mechanical one.

DaMan

Tech Head
I've always preferred trackballs. I never have to pick it up for any reason and I can control the cursor with just my thumb.
When you say trackball, do you mean the mice that have a big ball that you move at the top or the mice that have the ball at the bottom instead of being optical?

Snog

When you say trackball, do you mean the mice that have a big ball that you move at the top or the mice that have the ball at the bottom instead of being optical?
The ball is on the side, like this...

trackball.jpg
I don't like the ones with the ball on top like this...

topball.jpeg

Snog

Ah okay yeah, I've used a mouse like that before and it's odd to me just for the simple fact that I'm used to actually moving the mouse around.
No doubt it takes some getting use to. But once you're use to it, a mouse seems awkward. :D

DaMan

Tech Head
No doubt it takes some getting use to. But once you're use to it, a mouse seems awkward. :D
I kind of feel the same about a regular mouse because on a daily basis I utilize a vertical standup mouse because it helps my hand not be in so much pain by the end of the day but at home, we have regular smaller mice and it's kinda weird.

Evoluent-Vertical-Mouse-4-Right-Black.jpg

Top Bottom