• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Comics & Manga

Howard

I really liked reading Claymore. Basically about half human/half demonic women who slay demons pretty much.

Kaunisto

Last mangas I've been reading were Attack on Titan and Kuroshitsuji aka Black Butler (I haven't seen either anime).

I read The Dark Knight III: The Master Race and I'm undecided about it. It's good superhero storytelling - I'd even call it an average Miller work, which is pretty high praise - but DK3 is an ordinary superhero comic, it lacks the very fury and social commentary that set DKR apart.
I don't hate Dark Knight Strikes Again, it was in a way a valiant effort. It's a shame it wasn't done couple years later, Miller would've had much more ammo; now DKSA was mostly same as DK3 plus a middle finger to (social) media. Which is the main fault of DK3: it has even less than that. Just couple obvious Trump jokes. It's not even trying. DK3 just settles on being a good story, a fine bit of entertainment and has no further ambitions.
That's OK for any comic, but not what one would expect from Miller and especially from finale(?) of a series started by his perhaps most remarkable masterpiece, which itself was the total opposite.

Top Bottom