• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Climate change where you live

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Have you've noticed signs of significant climate change where you live and what are they?

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
Yes.

We had a measurable snowfall in May.

Not unheard of, but somewhat unusual, and possibly a sign of the coming Mini Ice Age.

TRUE LIBERTY

Man made global warming doesn’t exist, so just like normal May is the beginning of rainy season. Now if the rain starts coming 10 inches a day for the next year then we might have a issue.

psalms91

Herre the only signs is the weather extremes that we did not get before

Kaunisto

Talking in the scale of my lifetime of about four decades...

Within last 5 years, we've had several hottest summers and warmest winters I've seen, including first times that there wasn't snow on ground at christmas and last summer (or possibly one before) there was an over two week streak of high temps that you've usually seen maybe 5 days along the whole summer. Also springs seem to have gotten more rainy, having previously been the one season when you don't have water coming down in some form.

One interesting thing are jackdaws. About 20 years ago I had never seen one, barely knew what it is. Then one year a flock appeared and they've stayed since, increasing in numbers. Now you're bound to see and hear some if you go out (aside when they're nesting), they're more common than gulls or crows and magpies and they've chased pigeons from the "downtown", hardly ever see pigeons anymore while they used to be almost daily bird. This is happening whole wide of Finland, they're spreading to north.

Top Bottom