Church welcomes Pokemon Go users

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Article Source
A church congregation were baffled when their Sunday service was bombarded with Pokemon Go users.

Trainers – who want to be the very best, like no one ever was – were hunting for Pikachu and co in the City Road Methodist Church in Birmingham as the building is as a gym in the popular app.

Since finding out about their gym status, the church has thrown open its doors to players in the hope of encouraging a younger crowd.

They even put a tongue-in-cheek sign in the window, declaring ‘Jesus cares about Pokemon gamers’.
ad_213178879.jpg
Church warden David Hallam, 68, said: ‘Last week I saw a man sitting on the doorstep outside the church – we invited him to join us, but he said he was playing Pokemon.

‘I’d heard of the cards, but I didn’t know anything about the game. I looked it up on Google, and we decided to put a notice up to welcome all the gamers.’

We spend a lot of time working out how to attract young people to the church, and now they’re sitting on our doorstep – it’s a dream come true for us!’

Suggesting the gym mix-up might have been down to a higher power, Hallam added: ‘God works in mysterious ways – he does strange things sometimes, and I think he has a sense of humour.

‘Making this church a Pokemon gym is almost heaven sent!’
Thoughts about the church doing this?

APS

Unarmed
OMG I must hurry there it's about 5 min walk from me :D

Top Bottom