• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Chromebooks.

Jerlene

What do you think of Chromebooks? Do you have one?

I used to be a tech at a big retailer and I specialized in electronics. Chromebooks were both the easiest and hardest computers to sell. Easy because of the price tag and a lot of people have no idea what they're buying. Difficult because people knew exactly what a Chromebook is. It's the one computer that I won't recommend, ever. Too much reformatting to get it to do everything you need it to do.

But what do you guys think of it?

Howard

I had one. No, I didn't buy it, it was a gift. I hated it so much I gave it away. Pawn Shops and other stores won't even take them because they can't sell them.

All it is , is just a laptop that operates only with the Google Browser and thats all it does. I honestly hope they quit making them. Seriously? They just made a laptop to only use a browser? Why?

Jerlene

Yeah, it was a terrible idea. I had so many customers fighting me on this though. They liked the price and trusted the Google name so of course they'll take it over HP because they read terrible reviews about HP. Oh, shut the hell up. :rolleyes:

I had one. No, I didn't buy it, it was a gift. I hated it so much I gave it away. Pawn Shops and other stores won't even take them because they can't sell them.

All it is , is just a laptop that operates only with the Google Browser and thats all it does. I honestly hope they quit making them. Seriously? They just made a laptop to only use a browser? Why?
I doubt that they'll stop making them, if you aren't a gamer and don't do graphic design/video work there's no point to having a regular laptop. The Chromebooks work offline and you can get the equivlant of the Office suite with Google Docs...things like Skype & Discord have web versions. I personally think they're very useful...you just need to actually understand what you're buying...

jy55

My guess it probably isn't so good due to the price, but I'd have to do more research. Anyway, it isn't the cheapest no more. I think you can get laptops at Wal-Mart for $149 now - but they might be those tablet/laptop hybrids.

My guess it probably isn't so good due to the price, but I'd have to do more research. Anyway, it isn't the cheapest no more. I think you can get laptops at Wal-Mart for $149 now - but they might be those tablet/laptop hybrids.
Yuck do not buy those laptops for the love of all that is good! Windows does not usually run very well on whatever specs those have. You are just about as well off buying a Chromebook :p

Top Bottom