Childhood

~KAGE-008

*meow*
Which things do you remember from your childhood era that no longer exist in the current generation?

Howard

People actually had morals and values. Something that is very lacking with today's generation.

April

Resident Readaholic
Kids actually going outside and playing, instead of inside on their computers, phones, tablets. Hell, I didn't even have a cell phone or a laptop until I was 18 because I paid for it myself.
Along the same lines, meeting up with friends and actually talking to each other without access to any mobile devices.

S

Shortie861

Would have to be respect for elders and manners. I remember I was always brought up to respect my elders and always have good manners and this is something I feel really does lack now.

Vengeance

Creatively influx.
Would have to be respect for elders and manners. I remember I was always brought up to respect my elders and always have good manners and this is something I feel really does lack now.
Definitely seems to be lacking in today's generation.

I'm going to say parenting. I'm not saying all parents are horrible; but, that a majority of parents are willing to do almost anything to shut their children up and should they decide they wish to do something or say something about it, they have to fear the backlash of the community.

I remember when I was acting a brat to try to get my way that my parents used timeouts, spanking, soap and other methods to teach me that what I was doing was wrong and to correct my behavior. Worked too, though they seemed to burn themselves out on me and my brothers got the slack end of the reins.

April

Resident Readaholic
I remember when I was acting a brat to try to get my way that my parents used timeouts, spanking, soap and other methods to teach me that what I was doing was wrong and to correct my behavior. Worked too, though they seemed to burn themselves out on me and my brothers got the slack end of the reins.
Oh yeah, I remember my older brother getting his mouth washed out with soap when I was growing up! Never happened to me though. :p

Top Bottom