• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Child beauty pageants

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Please explain your answer)

beowulf

yes

fortunatly we dont get them over like you do over there

ive always thought them creepy..........mothers sexualising their daughters at an early age, living their own lives through their daughters

let kids be kids

Worldwide

We don't get them here either thankfully (not that I know of)
I think they are the outcome of sick parents who see their kids as play things

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Yes, child beauty pageants should be banned for multiple reasons. First, such pageants teach children that physical beauty matters above all other things. Second, such pageants serve to sexualize children. Needless to say, both of these things are incredibly terrible. For these reasons, child beauty pageants should most definitely be banned.

South Of Heaven

Yes! I agree with the comments above. These are little children not dolls you can dress up in skimpy clothes, cake in make-up and make parade around on stage. These kids are being sexualized and sent absolutely the wrong message about the importance of looks. Ban them.

Bluezone777

Unfortunately, in a lot of places looks do matter and the prettier women get things that others do not. It's not right but it is how it is and banning these things does not take away from that. One only needs to look on a magazine rack to see what kind of woman gets on the cover to see how much power appearance has over things. Of course these sort of contests wouldn't have even existed if there was no underlying belief that attractiveness matters that existed before such contests were started.

Lonelylycan

I think these should be banned, child are made to look awful they lose there childhood to quickly. Very wrong and how does a 2/3yr old have a say..
When they 8 or maybe older they can understand what they have to do, wear, look like, all the bad things that could follow..
I think it's disgusting...

jy55

It gets more tricky, using the logic given in this thread, once they reach puberty. At that point, they are sexual - though exploitation by "dirty old men" is despicable.

Howard

I feel beauty pageants for children are a form of child abuse. It also attracts the wrong kind of people, mainly predators such as child molesters. It's a bad tradition and should be ended.

Last edited:

jy55

I feel beauty pageants for children are a form of child abuse. It also attracts the wrong kind of people, mainly predators such as child molesters. It's a bad tradition and should be ended.
Well, if there is no bikinis etc. they would be OK. But I've always wondered about pageants, what is the criteria for determining winners? It seems very shallow.

Howard

Well, if there is no bikinis etc. they would be OK. But I've always wondered about pageants, what is the criteria for determining winners? It seems very shallow.
And there are Bikinis.

jy55

And there are Bikinis.

No, this is disgusting appeal to pedos. But then again, just taking kids to the pool is. I mean, are we supposed to ban children's swimwear - or ban them at public pools?

Howard

No, this is disgusting appeal to pedos. But then again, just taking kids to the pool is. I mean, are we supposed to ban children's swimwear - or ban them at public pools?
Well, that depends. What did you have in mind?

Bluezone777

The difference is these pageants' sole purpose is to expose children's bodies for the most part to public viewing and to encourage girls to value their physical appearance over all else which leads to unhealthy beliefs and life choices later on. Putting on a swimsuit and going out for a swim is not intended for the purpose of people to see them in that level of dress so it's not the same thing as dressing in such a way for the primary purpose to be publicly viewed by others as in one of these beauty pageants.

jy55

The difference is these pageants' sole purpose is to expose children's bodies for the most part to public viewing and to encourage girls to value their physical appearance over all else which leads to unhealthy beliefs and life choices later on. Putting on a swimsuit and going out for a swim is not intended for the purpose of people to see them in that level of dress so it's not the same thing as dressing in such a way for the primary purpose to be publicly viewed by others as in one of these beauty pageants.
OK, you're probably right.

Top Bottom