• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Changing Browsers

Ash

A lot of us are loyal to a specific browser and would probably not think twice about moving over. But if there were to be a new browser that was better than the current browser you are using, would you change browsers? Honestly, I probably wouldn't unless it was another Google project. Chrome is just great for me and I probably would be too lazy to move all my data (saved passwords, history etc.).

Howard

I like Opera the best. I feel that it's better than most browser because it's faster and you can use Google Chrome and Opera extensions to make it faster.

Angel

No Drama Zone!
I've been faithful to FF for years, but lately I'm looking for something better. I'm disappointed in many things about FF now. One thing being... it keeps giving me a message that the browser is not responding. It takes about 15 seconds before it will start responding again.

Kaunisto

Whenever I get a "new" computer - I buy used - I'll settle for whatever's installed or (lacking anything else than IE) take a look around what browsers would seem fitting for computer of that age and install one or two. And then probably stick to that for years till I get next computer.

Been using Chrome with newest, the previous has Opera and Firefox.

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
My default is Firefox, my second choice is Opera, I've tried Chrome but I dislike just handing "G" even more of my life without making them work for it.

Bing is worse than useless.

I have installed the Yandex browser, but I haven't really used it enough to judge it fairly yet.

Does anybody else miss the Netscape browser without all the gee whiz stuff that the Mozilla team seems to think we all need?

Jazzy

Forum Admin
My refurbished computer came with Chrome installed. I've used Chrome now without any problems that I wouldn't even consider changing browsers. Chrome has great extensions and my moto is 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

One day, just for fun, I downloaded FF. I had the same problem as @Angel explained in her post and noped right off and deleted it.

~KAGE-008

*meow*
My refurbished computer came with Chrome installed. I've used Chrome now without any problems that I wouldn't even consider changing browsers. Chrome has great extensions and my moto is 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.
All my Android devices come with the Chrome app. I always use it even over the stock browser. The only downside is that you need at least a smartphone with 2GB of RAM to avoid lags when running several tabs.

The Last Outlaw

I am currently using Opera. I've "wrestled" with Chrome... and lost. I've "wrestle" with Microsoft Edge/Internet Explorer... and lost. I've "wrestled" with Firefox... See a pattern?

DrLeftover

"Today: Alchemy. Tomorrow: the World!"
OK.

NOW, I've had enough experience with the "latest and greatest", Windows 10 approved, Google Chrome Browser to write about it.

The new laptop for the church's sound booth came with Win 10 preloaded. Which means Bing. Bing is the worst browser ever installed on anything this side of Web TV. For some reason, Firefox is unstable on that laptop, even a full uninstall and reload didn't help. The rest of the crew has never heard of Opera. So I put Chrome on it.

I have to use the browser to find everything from cheerful backgrounds to put behind the announcement for the Youth Easter Program, and meditative mountain or ocean scenes to use for other things, and even the occassional instrumental music video for filler.

Which means I need a good working browser with reasonable download options and so on.

Chrome.

I hate it.

This is why: It wants to be Oh, So Helpful. Its default is to let every ad in the world play, and to allow every web beacon and cookie ever designed set up shop on your computer, and tends to make PAID suggestions whenever you go to type anything, and it remembers everything even after you've cleared the cache and history.

But, it's their computer, I'm just the A/V guy.

Kaynil

I am too used to chrome so I have been using it. To be honest, though, I think a lot of it is sunken fallacy. I've tried to switch browsers before but I always end up coming back for one reason or another.

Opera seems to load pretty fast so I like to keep it around, just in case.

Top Bottom