Camping

psalms91

Running out of batteries at night but really nothing as I like camping and love nature

Lämmchen

What's your worst camping experience?
All of them??? LOL

I hate camping! I was a Girl Scout leader and we actually took our troop to a hotel because my co-leader also hated camping! We had the best time and kept calling ourselves Troop Beverly Hills.

My actual worst experience was camping in Minnesota and not being prepared for the 40 degree temperature drop! I couldn't take it and we had to get a hotel for me to warm up in.

Hollow Horse

Fairly stable
Loved it and hope to see some more.
Well yes, in good time. I like a bit of foruming but try to limit it. Variety is the spice and all that.

Ooh as I'm new, can I say that I like your edit function. I use a tablet and find that I make a lot of typos, have to edit several times post-posting.

I haven't yet got to remembering to do all that before posting?

Anyway, a lot of forums after say 5 minutes, you'll see the 'last edited' bit which I hate seeing because it impairs the layout, no?

So here, maybe there is a 30-minute cut-off before 'last edited' kicks in?

Aura

Got my money stolen at Bloodstock Festival, they got into my tent and into my cargo pant pockets. I spark out from booze, Luckily friends lent me cash. And I learn't the hard way. About 70% of the festival had stuff stolen. First day no police or security, thieves had planned and came over fence.

At same festival, different year, last night, drunken people going round our camping area. Some guy spotted my tent (cow print) I lent on my forarm, not fully sat up, but just listening in case they decided to steal something. Next thing I know I get a boot in my head. A guy kicked my tent right where my head was. I was stunned and felt sick, got out of the tent and saw there must have been about 15 - 20 people (men and women), it was 4 am no -one else up. . They went on and made more racket. A girl came out of tent, told them to shut up, we were right next to quiet camp and she had a kid trying to sleep. (who they woke up) The guys went up to her shout obscenities before going away.

Hollow Horse

Fairly stable
Camping. Stirs up images of night time, a group sitting round a campfire, possibility of singing or tales of ghost / spooky stories before bedtime.

Maybe pork steaks and baked beans. Sleeping bags and portable lamps. And the classic Carry On Camping movie. This really IS my favourite sketch from it.

SwishUK

Can’t really say I’ve had a “bad experience” due to camping, but I did lose my tent once at a music festival.

Top Bottom