• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Call Centre

D

DaveM

Well as we all know most big corporations now have gone the call centre route supposable improving customer satisfaction. The big problem here is when they situated them in a foreign country to your own where you might have a translation and language problem.

The worst of all of these are the technical ones as most of the time they use cheap labour with unskilled staff within that technical field. They then try and equip them with information cards that is supposed to help them resolve technical quires.

Now normally when I am forced to actually contact one like this I am far past what any little technical card could ever tell them. So I just find it completely frustrating all round and most time just plain annoying.

Had such an experience on one of these online technical chat help interfaces. The guys tell me to do stuff that he has no idea why or what he is telling me to do. So now I am just frustrated and am still sitting with the same issue that I will have to work out myself by any other means that I find available :mad:

APS

Unarmed
I know what you mean DaveM,anything PC or internet my first port of call is my son if he doesn't know it's serious.
If I do have to ring Virgin Media helpline it's always abroad so my first comment is "can you transfer my call to the UK please".

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Been there, done that too. I had AOL (or AOHell as I like to call them) for an internet provider. Every time I had to call, there was a long wait and finally when I got put through to a person, I couldn't understand a word they were saying. Very frustrating.

D

DaveM

Well I eventually worked it out myself, but I hate having to spend time on something when support should be able to give me an answer that could help my faulting process

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Well I eventually worked it out myself, but I hate having to spend time on something when support should be able to give me an answer that could help my faulting process
Glad you worked it out. I wound up calling a local computer repair shop and the owner walked me through my problem. It literally took all of 10 minutes.

D

DaveM

Well most of the time I just give up if they don't speak perfect English as most of the technical stuff just gets lost in translation.

Top Bottom