• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Brexit Faces Legal Challenge

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Article Source
A Crowdfunder has been launched to raise £100,000 in a bid to prosecute Leave politicians for a ‘dishonest’ EU referendum campaign.

Bruised Remain voter, Marcus Ball is urging people to back #Brexitjustice and raise the funds to hire a team of barristers.

On the Crowdfunder page, the 26-year-old wrote: ‘I have set up this crowdfunding campaign in order to bring honesty and integrity back to British politics.’

This follows a London law firm’s announcement that it will take legal action if Parliament does not follow the proper Article 50 protocol.

Despite the UK backing Brexit by 52 per cent, law firm Mishcon de Reya has warned that the vote is not legally binding until an Act of Parliament has been passed.

The firm said the Prime Minister must seek a full debate and vote in Parliament before Article 50 can be triggered, or they will be acting ‘unlawfully’.

If this advice is not followed, the firm warned the move could effect the UK’s ‘political and economic relationships with the EU’ and its 27 members.

In a statement on the Mishcon website, partner Kasra Nouroozi said steps must be taken to ensure the government acts within the law.

‘The outcome of the Referendum itself is not legally binding and for the current or future Prime Minister to invoke Article 50 without the approval of Parliament is unlawful,’ he said.

The firm said it has been in correspondence with the government to make sure of this.
Thoughts?

Ghoul

The country voted out, that needs to be respected no matter how many petitions remain create or protest marches. Over 1 million people voted to leave than to remain. Thats the end of it in my opinion.

Bluezone777

Sounds like sore losers to me, I am sure if the vote went the other way then they would not be putting up these petitions as their problem have to do with the results and not how they went about getting the results they got.

South Of Heaven

The amount of crap and blind guessing by politicians on both sides over the last few months I can't say I'm at all surprised to see this.

Top Bottom