• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Black police officer says why he’s against Black Lives Matter movement

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Article Source
A black police officer has explained why he is against the Black Lives Matter movement in an emotionally charged Facebook post that has been viewed thousands of times.
ohu1j6j-e1468321197912.jpg
Jay Stalien, an officer in Florida and previously Baltimore, put posts on Facebook and Imgur in the aftermath of the shooting in Dallas that saw five police officers killed and seven injured.

The post is very long but his point is maybe best explained by this segment:

‘I couldn’t help but wonder if it had been me, a black man, a black cop, on TV, assassinated, laying on the ground dead,..would my friends and family still think black lives mattered? Would my life have mattered?

‘Would they make t-shirts in remembrance of me? Would they go on TV and protest violence? Would they even make a Facebook post, or share a post in reference to my death?

‘All of my realisations came to this conclusion. Black Lives do not matter to most black people. Only the lives that make the national news matter to them. Only the lives that are taken at the hands of cops or white people, matter.

The other thousands of lives lost, the other black souls that I along with every cop, have seen taken at the hands of other blacks, do not matter.

‘Their deaths are unnoticed, accepted as the “norm”, and swept underneath the rug by the very people who claim and post “black lives matter”’

If you want to read the full post, click here.
Do you agree with him? (Why/Why Not)

Top Bottom