Black man found hanging from a tree in Atlanta park

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Article Source
A black man has been found hanging from a tree in an Atlanta park.

The man, who has not yet been formally identified, was believed to be between 25 and 35 years old.

He was found hanged from a tree at around 5am near Piedmont Park’s Charles Allen Dr entrance, police confirmed.

Investigators said the scene was ‘consistent with suicide’, though the man’s death has been referred to the FBI.

Mayor Kasim Reed said: ‘I am deeply saddened by the loss of a young man’s life last night in Piedmont Park. This disturbing event demands our full attention.’

‘The Atlanta Police Department is conducting a robust investigation into his death and I have asked to receive regular briefings on the status of the investigation. We have also referred the case to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.’

The man’s death comes just one day after the fatal shooting of two black men by police officers.

People on social media were quick to compare the hanging to the deaths of Alton Sterling and Philando Castle.

Others have suggested links to the Ku Klux Klan, though authorities are yet to address speculation.
If the scene was ‘consistent with suicide’, do they usually call in the FBI for suicides?

Bluezone777

It doesn't matter as they will still call it a lynching and a lynching done by white people regardless of what the police say or do. If you want to believe something then you are not going to let something like the facts and evidence get in the way of those beliefs especially not in light of recent events when tempers are flaring and logic has long since vacated the premises.

Webster

It doesn't matter as they will still call it a lynching and a lynching done by white people regardless of what the police say or do. If you want to believe something then you are not going to let something like the facts and evidence get in the way of those beliefs especially not in light of recent events when tempers are flaring and logic has long since vacated the premises.
That's why, BZ, they need to go over this case with as much attention as possible so as to determine whether it was a suicide or a lynching...but the authorities need to be given the time to do their job, whatever the chips may show.

D

DaveM

Well with the situation as it is right now is it not far better for them to rather make 100% sure and call in the FBI so they do have 100% proof of what it was.

Webster

Well with the situation as it is right now is it not far better for them to rather make 100% sure and call in the FBI so they do have 100% proof of what it was.
Right now I think the only law enforcement agency, Dave, anyone trusts is the FBI.

Bluezone777

Right now I think the only law enforcement agency, Dave, anyone trusts is the FBI.
After how they handled the Clinton case, they are the last people anyone trusts unless you are talking about a Clinton supporter. lol

D

DaveM

Well at least it will also take off the responsibility from the police themselves from covering up anything, let face it right now if you put black death + police everyone thinks the worst.

Webster

After how they handled the Clinton case, they are the last people anyone trusts unless you are talking about a Clinton supporter. lol
You know, I thought that and the way I look like, while that could - at times, should - apply to the political appointees at the top of the ladder, the career agents, the ones at the tip of the spear, @Bluezone777 , are probably some of the most stand-up people around.

Top Bottom