Baton Rouge black cop: "I wonder if this city loves me."

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
Just a few days before he was shot and killed, a US police officer in Baton Rouge had posted a Facebook message sharing his emotional fatigue and expressing how difficult it was to be both a policeman and a black man.

Montrell Jackson, 32, died on Sunday along with two colleagues when a gunman opened fire on them, nearly two weeks after white police in the Louisiana city shot and killed Alton Sterling, a 37-year-old black man and father of five.
Baton Rouge shooting: Montrell Jackson's emotional post

AlJazeera.com

Bluezone777

As a police officer, he was far more likely to engage with law breakers then law abiding citizens and because of that was not looking at the city properly because he is seeing the law breakers and then applying what he sees to the rest of which do not break the law and therefore have limited if any real contact with police. Did he really expect the part of the city he deals with(the law breakers) to love the very person who is hired to stop the law breaker from breaking the law further?

This was posted by Maddox some time ago but it is to me a clear picture of what we are seeing today or rather why we are seeing it now and will continue to do so until things change.

A message to cops.

D

DaveM

It really is so sad when people feel the need to do things like this :(

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
He was still killed because he was a cop.

The color of his skin did not matter to the man who bought into the cop hate line from the ones Mr. Obama entertained at the White House last fall.

--

Top Bottom