• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Banned

J

Justbec

Only once and it was by someone I really considered a good friend. She ran a forum and one day there was discussion about guns after a cop got killed. She was a gun owner and went off on all of the people, myself included, that were anti gun. She banned another poster and I objected. The next thing I knew I had been banned as well. Best thing that ever happened to me. :)

~KAGE-008

*meow*
Once on a defunct forum that was created by me. One of my co-admins went on a power trip and banned me while retaining the Admin status. :ROFLMAO:

S

Shortie861

I remember I was banned from a forum in around 2005. All members used to help out others when they could to ease the load of the staff as it was a very busy forum however one admin (female) never seemed to like me and she accused me of all kinds of things resulting in me being banned. I found out later that I was unbanned and was able to come back on the forum by the other admin who was male who apologised for my ban and explained how he had found out the other admin was a fraud and wasn't part of the forum to help it. I thanked him but never bothered to go back after that and eventually the forum died.

Howard

I've been banned a few times. My recent ban which was in 2015...was because obviously I was accused of hacking and trolling.

Kaunisto

Never. Closest was when Iraq War started and I and couple Americans argued to the point that admin closed the topic and in so many words told us to drop the subject or someone would have to go. We left it there and I remained on that forum for many years until it closed.

S

Stuart

Once because the owner did not like the forum I set up in opposition to his, ban was lifted after two months.

Angel

No Drama Zone!
Yup... from my own forum. LOL When I very first started running a graphics forum, I didn't have a clue how to run it...but, I had the money to open it. So I gave the person that knew all the ins and outs of running a forum and working behinds the scenes full rights. He got mad at me one day and banned me. LOL

Once he unbanned me, I learned how to run my own forum... opened a new one, moved all my graphics lessons over to it. Then I PM all the members EXCEPT him and we all moved over to the new forum and left him sitting there wondering where everyone went. ROFL

I own that forum now. Let the other close out due to non payment... and we live happily ever after at our new home for about 3 years now.

APS

Unarmed
Yup... from my own forum. LOL When I very first started running a graphics forum, I didn't have a clue how to run it...but, I had the money to open it. So I gave the person that knew all the ins and outs of running a forum and working behinds the scenes full rights. He got mad at me one day and banned me. LOL

Once he unbanned me, I learned how to run my own forum... opened a new one, moved all my graphics lessons over to it. Then I PM all the members EXCEPT him and we all moved over to the new forum and left him sitting there wondering where everyone went. ROFL

I own that forum now. Let the other close out due to non payment... and we live happily ever after at our new home for about 3 years now.
Lesson number 1 if you own the forum make sure you have Superadmin rights :)

Angel

No Drama Zone!
Lesson number 1 if you own the forum make sure you have Superadmin rights :)
That was the problem... I was so new that I had no clue about the admin panel or FTP or anything like that. I only knew how to create art. LOL Lesson learned. Now my forum is locked up tight.

K

Kid B

From a few, various fallouts, even been ip banned before joining a forum before just because I dared to pan the layout or something like that, tells you all you need to know about the person running it, their loss anyway.

Dedicated to all of those with big ego's
Never faking, we get the dough and live legal
Haters hate this,we sip the Mo' and yank the Heezos
Bitches play this in their Benzes, Jeeps and Geos

Last edited by a moderator:

Webster

Have you ever been banned from a forum? If so, why?
I've been banned once from a forum, back in early 2015...no, I won't go into the details; I've made my apologies with one of the board's two admins there and in fact her and I are decent friends on a few other boards now.

Bluezone777

it usually happens when I decide to post feedback in the feedback forum. I tend to give honest assessments of either various situations or of the admin that don't tend to fly over well. Apparently, people like to build forums but not wish to receive any negative feedback as somehow they feel entitled to not receive any. When I got kicked from the board, several others started repeating what I had already said leading to their bans which led to the community rebelling and the other staff and co admins committing mutiny. He might have won the battle but clearly lost the war on that one. lol

On another board, I nearly got banned after writing what was a ten page( in Word) feedback topic detailing the incompetence of the founder complete with through evidence. The best gem from that topic was having a staff team be unable to delete topics and posts or suspend users which went over well when two recently banned members started spamming up the place while the staff(no admins) just stood around helpless because the founder stripped them of pretty much anything that would make you a mod apart from locking topics and editing posts. The only reason he didn't ban me was because he saw the community and staff agreeing with me which would have led to a revolt if he went through with this publicly announced threat to ban me so he walked back his ban threat which only demonstrated I was more of a leader then he was which pretty much ended any credibility he had in regards to his ability to lead. lol

Top Bottom