• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

April's Banner Emporium

April

Resident Readaholic
So I like to play around in Photoshop every now and then. :) Not nearly as often as I used to, but here are a few of the latest things that I've made.

takemefarther.png
^ created yesterday, from a photo that I took on a visit down to San Diego in 2014, and a quote that I saw that I instantly loved!

Hufflepuff_sig_underestimated_resized.png
^ Created for a Harry Potter RP forum that I collaborate on with a couple friends, to show loyalty to my house :p

thecrazies_revised.png
^ inspired by the movie, The Crazies (2010 remake with Timothy Olyphant), for a horror-themed forum

lucifer_desire.png
^ very simple banner, inspired by the television show Lucifer! (and Tom Ellis :sneaky:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And here are a few oldies I've made in the past:

lifeoflaughter.jpg

fringev2_zps79305987.png

zachquinto.jpg

comeoutandplay.jpg

midnightclub.jpg

:D

Jazzy

Forum Admin
@April: Gosh, you're so very talented. All of them were awesome!

Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

April

Resident Readaholic
Newest banners: I've been on a slight OUAT (Once Upon A Time) kick lately...

rumbelle_bestbook.png

belle_loveampdreams.png

I was also working on a banner dedicated to Rumpelstiltskin (Robert Carlyle), but I can't seem to get it to look right, so I scrapped it. Might pick it back up another time.

April

Resident Readaholic
Decided to revise this existing banner tonight, with a different quote and changing things around slightly. :)

belle_adventuresomewhere.png

And I finally finished the Rumpelstiltskin banner also:

rumple_guiltyconscience.png
^^ This one looks better on darker backgrounds though.. I think it may appear too dark on lighter ones. :cautious: which also kinda goes with the character, so oh well. :p

Oh and also, I know this is not a banner but I made this CD cover art last night, inspired by the event coming up this week (obviously!) :love::

cdlabel_thestoryofus.png
I made it for the CD(s) containing the video montage that I made. :D

Tanya

Very nice work April. Love the CD cover. You captured the essence of the two of you very well.

Your Rumpelstiltskin banner, you mentioned something about it maybe being too dark on a lighter background.... try adding a very fine line of white around the letters. I think it looks fine as is but the slight change would pop it out there without taking away from it at the same time. (easier on the eyes to read)

April

Resident Readaholic
They are awesome @April
Thank you! :)

Very nice work April. Love the CD cover. You captured the essence of the two of you very well.

Your Rumpelstiltskin banner, you mentioned something about it maybe being too dark on a lighter background.... try adding a very fine line of white around the letters. I think it looks fine as is but the slight change would pop it out there without taking away from it at the same time. (easier on the eyes to read)
Thank you!
Yeah, I tried to outline the letters in a lighter color, but even the finest line I could make was entirely too much contrast and I didn't like how it looked. It's much better with the darker outline. Thanks for the tip though, I understand what you're saying. :)

Tanya

Thank you!
Yeah, I tried to outline the letters in a lighter color, but even the finest line I could make was entirely too much contrast and I didn't like how it looked. It's much better with the darker outline. Thanks for the tip though, I understand what you're saying. :)
No worries, wasn't sure if you'd tried it or not. Still looks good and that's all that matters.

Top Bottom