AP: "Girls sue to block participation of transgender athletes"

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
(quoted)
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — The families of three female high school runners filed a federal lawsuit Wednesday seeking to block transgender athletes in Connecticut from participating in girls sports.

Selina Soule, of Glastonbury High School, Alanna Smith, of Danbury High School, and Chelsea Mitchell, of Canton High School, are represented by the conservative nonprofit organization Alliance Defending Freedom. The organization argues that allowing athletes with male anatomy to compete has deprived their clients of track titles and scholarship opportunities.

“Forcing them to compete against boys isn’t fair, shatters their dreams, and destroys their athletic opportunities,” attorney Christiana Holcomb said in a news release. “Having separate boys’ and girls’ sports has always been based on biological differences, not what people believe about their gender, because those differences matter for fair competition.

“And forcing girls to be spectators in their own sports is completely at odds with Title IX, a federal law designed to create equal opportunities for women in education and athletics,” Holcomb said. “Connecticut’s policy violates that law and reverses nearly 50 years of advances for women.”

(end quote)

Jazzy

Forum Admin
First I'd like to say that I have nothing against transgender people. With that said, I agree 100% the girls should not be competing against boys (which is what they are despite what they 'identify as').

It's grossly unfair for biologically female athletes to have to compete against a transgender person who developed as a male for their entire life and has physical advantages that the female athletes do not have.

Will they win this lawsuit, probably not but I admire them for trying.

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
It would seem to me that the only fair solution would be to have at least three categories.

Male. Female. and "insert PC word for 'other' here".

Except then the boys playing as girls wouldn't win all the medals, so that won't satisfy them.

Top Bottom