• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Any iced Hockey fans?

Naiwen

I have a question for my European friends on the community, can you watch the Canadian-American iced hockey matches? Omg, love it over football! But European football is my 2nd favourite sport to watch in dining places! I go every June to watch the iced hockey final match in a bar-Lounge!

SwishUK

If you have Sky I think you can, so satillette tv! Or if you pay and have an IPTV service which is what I have that has all the bt sport channels, sky channels, french sport channels and nbc sport and Canadian sport channels. But I don’t watch iced hockey. It is played over here but it’s not a huge sport.

Kaunisto

Beyond the way any major sports in the world can be watched as pirate streams, no (as I have zero pay-TV). But thb I've somewhat lost interest on NHL since Jokerit joined KHL and CHL was created and I've been following those aside our national league (plus few years back a nearby local team team rose to Finland's second tier league, so I've had eye on that too unlike before).

Mandy

My brother is into ice hockey, he used to be in a league when he was younger.
Me? I'm not a sports fan haha.

Aura

Ocean Soul
I only recently started watching it on tv. We have no local team anymore, since the rink got closed down several years ago and Norwich Vikings had to move 2 hour drive away. I've recently been trying to find the team, but I think they must have disbanded. Huge shame.

But I watch games on FreeSports. Don't follow any particular team apart from GB.. And yes they Lost to Canada 8-0 :/

Kaunisto

Fun facts:
  • GB is one of only 6 countries that have ever won Olympic gold and of only 8 countries that have ever won world championship, though only through that Olympic tournament counted also as WC - which makes it the only country to have won Olympic gold but not separate WC
  • GB last played in top level world championship tournament before this 1994 and previous to that 1962 (last appearance in Olympics was 1948)
  • most notable international titles won by British club teams are Nottingham Panthers winning Continental Cup 2017 and 4 Spengler Cup titles by Oxford University (in 20's and 30's, including the very first tournament)

Kaunisto

As bit of a surprise, UK beats France and Italy wins Austria in the bottom games for playing in next year tournament.

Top Bottom