• If your user name appeared to be a real first and last name (fictitious or not), your user name has been changed to just your first name. As of May 1, 2018 no full real names are allowed as user names.

Anti-virus Protection

D

DaveM

For years I have been using Kaspersky and each year when it is time to pay for another years subscription I give one of the other one a go for the free 30 days. I always end up just going back to what I know as I have found Kaspersky it has always just worked for my setup.

J

Justbec

I've been using Webroot for 3 years now and love it. Reasonably priced and protects up to 4 users.. And it works great.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
I use Avast which is free. I've been using it for years now and have never had any problems.

APS

Unarmed
I use Avast Free and also have Malwarebytes installed.

D

Daniel

Well...being the computer geek I am I don't normally bother with Anti-Virus an entire lot, I do use some basic freebies sometimes though.

Though these day's I am on my Mac and I go to sites I trust so I am not all that concerned...I also don't click on or open things that I do not trust :p

S

Sariki

I use Bitdefender and have for about 4 years now. I love the programs and find that it operates very well for me. Besides that I use Malwarebytes and I have used Spybot S&D.

D

Daniel

I use Bitdefender and have for about 4 years now. I love the programs and find that it operates very well for me. Besides that I use Malwarebytes and I have used Spybot S&D.
Do you use the free version of Bitdefender or do you pay for it?

Ghoul

I am all Mac at home so I don't use AV but I do have a firewall and us VPNs to protect my privacy and increase security.

CommanderMadi

Don't Make Me Destroy You
I use Norton. But actually I know that the best Antivirus is the user himself. Antivirus programs only are able to catch and discover just as low as 5 percent of malware and trojans.

D

Daniel

I use the paid version I buy it once a year. In my opinion it's worth it. I have had it so long that I do enjoy it and I trust them.
I've wondered what the quality of their paid anti-virus is, how much does the one you purchase cost?

S

Sariki

@Daniel For the total security it runs about 90 bucks but you get it on 5 devices. However, they usually have some kind of deal that drops it down to abut 50 buck USD. I usually get some kind of email asking me to renew and I get a even cheaper deal than that. So it just depends on when you catch them in terms of deals.

April

Resident Readaholic
I use Avast Free and also have Malwarebytes installed.
This on my work laptop and Surface. Only thing that annoys me about Avast is the random popups, trying to get you to buy the paid version. Other than that, I've never had any problems with Avast either. As far as free anti-viruses go, I've also used Comodo in the past.

My personal laptop uses BitDefender, whichever paid version my boyfriend subscribed to.

Top Bottom