Another universe existed before ours

Jazzy

Forum Admin
"There was an earlier universe before the Big Bang, and evidence for its existence can still be observed in black holes, a Nobel Prize-winning physicist has said. Black holes are a region of space where matter has collapsed on itself, and has such a high gravitational force that not even light can escape."

More--> Another universe existed before ours
--------------------
Discuss if this is possible or not and why.

Beaky

blah
well id say anything is possible. there is still a hell of alot of science we dont even know about yet. sometimes we see light bursts from black holes what if these bursts of light are actualy streams of matter from something that went into a black hole in another universe? hawkings final paper before he died suggests it was possible

Kaunisto

You know, that's the origin story of Galactus.

I'm not sure if evidence does or can exist, but my logic says it's more likely all came from a previous universe than out of nothing. And that has happened before and will happen again - my view is that our current universe is one in a virtually infinite chain of such, each from a Big Bang to a Big Crunch. Though that theory assumes Big Crunch to be inevitable, instead of infinite expansion suggested here, but the result is basically same: universe after universe.
How/when it all began or will end, I can't start to imagine.

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
Sad when members make fun of what could have been a serious discussion.

I'm sorry.

But as the designated board Meta-physicist, I do have to say that the topic is... well.... the topic.

IF, and that word should be in letters the size of the Hollywood sign, and painted in some 'dayglow' color.....

If there was another universe that existed, and then either expanded endlessly into the ether until it was completely disapated (as one theory makes it (an 'open' universe)), or that collapsed into the singularity that eventually re-exploded into our universe (a 'closed' universe), and we as residents of THIS universe, and as far as anybody except Science Fiction writers can envision, we are Trapped Here, and whatever ITS fate is, WHENEVER its fate happens, is Our Fate, just as the Old Ones that lived and thrived and worried about the baseball playoffs in Their Universe before it 'ended', and there is Naught that We as a species can do about it.

What is there to discuss?

Oh, right.... Since they disposed of The Evil Empire, can the Tampa Bay Rays take the Series?

SwishUK

Maybe we are doomed to re live the same human history over and over including our own lives. This is why we experience deja vu, seeing things we lived quite literally in another life. Another universe...dun dun duhhhhh

otis booard

"Levotur5" by Ondraid Kots
The big bang is a locus in time and space, there logically there must have been "something" before that event.

DrLeftover

Maybe we are doomed to re live the same human history over and over including our own lives. This is why we experience deja vu, seeing things we lived quite literally in another life. Another universe...dun dun duhhhhh

Kinda gives legs to the general idea of reincarnation.

And makes "recycling" anything we use, like a plastic bottle, rather moot. It WILL be recycled in the end no matter what you do with it now.

DrLeftover

In a true multiverse scenario, ALL possibilities, no matter how remote or improbable, are played out to their conclusion.

Top Bottom