an interesting read about venus

Aura

I saw part of a documentary last night that was about this. They stated that the particles from this atmosphere wouldn't last long enough, so they had to be made now on venus. but I didn't see all of it, I fell asleep :p

Beaky

blah
I saw part of a documentary last night that was about this. They stated that the particles from this atmosphere wouldn't last long enough, so they had to be made now on venus. but I didn't see all of it, I fell asleep :p
got a link to it?

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
1600187145959.png

There are NON-living processes that produce the same chemicals.

And a biologic-like process does NOT mean Biologic Life.

Howard

I've never seen the point of NASA wanting to explore dead planets and blow billions of dollars on crap.

Kaunisto

But they currently don't have any explanation on what such could produce the chemical in this large amounts.
So we are looking at a significant find in either geology, chemistry or possibly in astro-biology. Likely not the latter as the conditions are hostile to life, except for temperature being suitable.

DrLeftover

"I'm different. Let this not upset you" Paracelsus
But to hear the talking heads in the national media proclaim it.... They found a Venusian city full of philosopher kings who have been wondering why the Mayans haven't returned their phone calls lately.

Aura

they state in the video link I posted, if you can't view search : Sky at NIght: Life on Venus, i'm sure you can view it another way.
Anyway the guy says that Phosphine can only be made on earth in factories or by bacteria in certain conditions. When asked if it could be a natural process the team that discovered it have said that there's to much been found for it to be a natural process

Evil Eye

Well-Known Stalker
But to hear the talking heads in the national media proclaim it.... They found a Venusian city full of philosopher kings who have been wondering why the Mayans haven't returned their phone calls lately.
To be fair, that does make for a more interesting story. Or at least one people would be willing to pay for.

Kaunisto

And now they're noticing it was all a mistake, just glitches in telescope and there's much less phosphine than thought.

Top Bottom