Amazon delays shipments

Jazzy

Forum Admin
Who decides what is and what isn't nonessential? :unsure:

From the article:

"Amazon on Monday confirmed that it's significantly delaying US deliveries of nonessential items, as part of its effort to get more medical supplies and household staples to its customers during the coronavirus pandemic."

Full article-->Amazon delays shipments of nonessential items in the US by up to a month
----------------
Your thoughts?

Bluezone777

They chose to take away one of the things you pay for when you pay for prime so they should at the very least be taking a reduction in payment for the month they essentially turn off prime shipping which is by no means free as a sign of good faith to the people who pay for prime either monthly or yearly.

Oh don't worry though, you can order a new release movie and get it just as quickly as you would expect as apparently a new release movie is deemed an essential item to them. :p

Snog

From what I can tell, food items (both human and animal), soaps, etc. are still 2 day delivery (some 1 day).

Items such as a knife that I ordered and received weeks ago are delayed until the end of April. But I do question if the delays are fully in place yet. Some items such as a watch are still showing 2 day delivery.

Jazzy

Forum Admin
They chose to take away one of the things you pay for when you pay for prime so they should at the very least be taking a reduction in payment for the month they essentially turn off prime shipping which is by no means free as a sign of good faith to the people who pay for prime either monthly or yearly.
I'm a Prime member. I just tried to call them to see if this affects Prime Members as well and if so, would we be getting a reduction in payment due to this. All I got was a recording which you can listen for yourself by dialing 1-888-280-4331. The recording is letting Prime Members know nothing other than there is no one available to take or answer phone calls.

Lämmchen

I ordered 2 items recently and one will be arriving late but the other came on time so I'm happy about that.

Some Amazon employees have been infected by the virus...is everyone sanitizing their packages or washing hands after opening them?

Top Bottom